Matlab programming is very much useful to compute numerical calculations and support to simulate different kinds of concepts. Matlab programming has numerous built-in commands and math functions. Matrix Laboratory is a fourth generation high-level programming language.
Uses of Matlab Programming:
- Matlab programming is used to develop important concepts under image processing domain.
- Several default matlab functions are used to perform critical algorithms presented in medical imaging.
- Different image formats are accepted as input by matlab programming and produce accurate results.
Factors to be considered for Matlab Programming:
- Control Flow.
- Error Messages.
- Debugging M Files.
Toolboxes Used in Matlab Programming:
- Symbolic Toolbox.
- Image Processing Toolbox.
- MATLAB Compiler.
- Legacy Toolboxes.
Syntax for Matlab Function:
function [y1,…,yN] = myfun(x1,…,xM)
Applications of Matlab Programming:
- Computer graphics.
- Pattern recognition.
- Machine Learning.
- Phase Vocoder.
Types of Matlab Functions:
- Local Functions.
- Nested Functions.
- Base and Function Workspaces.
- Function Precedence Order
Sample Code for Function with Multiple Outputs
Define a Function
function [m,s] = stat(x)
n = length(x);
m = sum(x)/n;
s = sqrt(sum((x-m).^2/n));
Call Function from Command Line:
values = [12.7, 45.4, 98.9, 26.6, 53.1];[ave,stdev] = stat(values)
Sample code for matlab programming:
function max = mymax(n1, n2, n3, n4, n5)
%This function calculates the maximum of the
% five numbers given as input
max = n1;
if(n2 > max)
max = n2;
if(n3 > max)
max = n3;