Heterogeneous network (HetNet) is a diverse wireless network which connects computers with other devices in regardless of operating systems and protocols. For instance, through wireless link we can integrate any number of smart and autonomous devices accordingly in a same network.
This page is currently spoken out the new trends involving in the Heterogeneous network!!!
On using various access technologies, the heterogeneous network term can be used in any wireless communication system. For illustration, a wireless network which provides wireless LAN service and holds the service even in the mobile network is said to be as wireless HetNets.
Certainly, HetNet is comprises different network designs, communication protocols, radio base stations (RBS) along with multi-RAT system. Particularly in order to offer the best PhD Thesis Topics in Heterogeneous Networks, our experts work deeply to bring out the hidden aspects of developing mobile networks capacity through HetNet research field.
This wide area network offers an extensive range of wireless coverage regions, from an open outdoor environment to office buildings, homes, and underground areas. For you information, we have given you the top-demanding PhD Thesis Topics in Heterogeneous Networks in recent research as follows,
PhD Thesis Topics in Heterogeneous Networks
- Cognitive Radio based Heterogeneous Energy Saving and Storing
- SDN-NFV with Network Slicing in HetNets Network
- Multi-access Methods in HetNets Communication (For instances: NOMA, MUSA, SCMA, PDMA etc.)
- Advanced Radio Access Network Design (For instance: Fronthaul / Backhaul, Cloud / Fog-RAN methods)
- Supporting Multimedia Network Applications
- Advanced Self-organizing and Optimization Heterogeneous Networks
- Innovative Real-Time Applications and Service Scenarios for HetNets (Vehicular Internet and IoT)
- Energy and Spectral Efficiency through Big Data Technologies
- Improved Radio Resource Management (allocation of resource, management of mobility and interference, SON, etc.)
Research Problems in HetNets
At first, identify the key research problems which are not solved to understand the key techniques for heterogeneous networks. For example, the collaboration of diverse devices and networks has become one of the biggest challenges. Moreover, the all-in-one integration of various HetNets can also be counted as a key issue in this area. In such cases, IPv6 would bring one solution to solve this problem to a specific extent. In addition, cooperation’s among the nodes of different networks is also an add-on problem in heterogeneous networks. For the most part, the “selfish node” area is also one of the major issues to the cooperation.
Which layer has the challenges in heterogeneous wireless networks?
MAC layer largely includes the resource distribution and user connection problem. Hence, it look like that you no need to do change in the physical layer. As an alternative, the bandwidth amount and power resources of users can change which is a MAC layer issue. The issue is known as cross-layer problem when the attributes are related to physical layer. Moreover, physical layer security is also an evolving research idea that weights due to greater traffic load.
Performance Analysis in HetNets
For instance: the heterogeneous elements contain small cells (pico, macro, micro and femto) and non-centralized antenna models. And, these are differentiated in terms of backhaul, physical size / area and features of propagation.
Simulation Parameters in HetNets
- Reference point’s path loss with the estimate of 40 dB
- Probability of tolerable unnecessary handover with the estimate of 0.04
- Handover delay from WLAN to cellular network with the estimate of 2S
- Distance among the reference point and the AP with the estimate of 1 m
- Radius of WLAN with the estimate of 150 m
- Probability of tolerable handover failure with the estimate of 0.02
- Exponent of path loss with the estimate of 3.5
- Shadow fading standard deviation with the estimate of 4.3 dB
- Transmission power of AP with the estimate of 20 dBm
- Handover delay starting with cellular network till WLAN with the estimate of 2S
Performance Metrics in HetNets
- Energy Efficiency
- Achieving high energy and spectral efficiency in terms of power consumed in time of data transmission in a network
- Success Probability
- Attaining maximum probability of transmitting successful packets with respect to signal-to-interference-pulse-noise ratio (SINR)
- Area Spectral Efficiency (ASE)
- Reaching high throughput per bandwidth unit per area unit of a User Equipment which is randomly placed in the cellular coverage area
In addition, our experts have given you few more essential performance evaluation metrics for your information.
- Load level
- Energy Efficiency Tradeoff
- Probability of Coverage Area
- Average Spectral Efficiency
- Power and Energy consumption
- Effective Area Spectral Efficiency
- Number of served User Equipment (UE)
If you are looking for PhD Thesis Topics in Heterogeneous Networks then you can connect with us. Our experts are ready to give you technical assistance in your desired aspects.